- Championship Records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Northern Gauteng dominate
- Updated: April 5, 2012
Northern Gauteng A and B teams topped the A and B Sections respectively at the national Under-15 team championships in Tempe, Bloemfontein.
In a closely-contested match between Northern Gauteng and Namibia, the former managed to beat the highly-rated team from Namibia 5-3, clenching the team event in the A-Section.
Free State, the defending champions, only managed fifth out of seven competing teams in the A Section. A Section runners-up were Namibia, with Northern Cape finishing fourth overall.
Defending champions Western Province ended second in the B Section.
The final team positions were:
A Section: Northern Gauteng A, Namibia, Boland, Northern Cape, Free State A, KZN A and EGBA A.
B Section: Northern Gauteng B, Western Province A, Sedibeng A, Northern Free State, Southern Gauteng A, Invitation side, KZN B.