- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Northern Gauteng dominate
- Updated: April 5, 2012
Northern Gauteng A and B teams topped the A and B Sections respectively at the national Under-15 team championships in Tempe, Bloemfontein.
In a closely-contested match between Northern Gauteng and Namibia, the former managed to beat the highly-rated team from Namibia 5-3, clenching the team event in the A-Section.
Free State, the defending champions, only managed fifth out of seven competing teams in the A Section. A Section runners-up were Namibia, with Northern Cape finishing fourth overall.
Defending champions Western Province ended second in the B Section.
The final team positions were:
A Section: Northern Gauteng A, Namibia, Boland, Northern Cape, Free State A, KZN A and EGBA A.
B Section: Northern Gauteng B, Western Province A, Sedibeng A, Northern Free State, Southern Gauteng A, Invitation side, KZN B.