- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Updated: April 4, 2012
Our touring men’s wheelchair basketball side opened their European warm-up campaign with victory on Tuesday night, writes Mark Etheridge.
Already having qualified for the Paralympics in London later this year, by virtue of their victory in the continental qualifying tournament in Morocco last year, the team started their matches off with a match against club opposition.
“We played a friendly against a First Division club (Gent) and won 72-64,” said coach Patrick Fick.
“This was without two of our starting five and we tried out different combinations because it’s our first match in six months.
“It was a reasonable result but there’s still lots of work needed,” said Fick.