- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
- Updated: April 4, 2012
Our touring men’s wheelchair basketball side opened their European warm-up campaign with victory on Tuesday night, writes Mark Etheridge.
Already having qualified for the Paralympics in London later this year, by virtue of their victory in the continental qualifying tournament in Morocco last year, the team started their matches off with a match against club opposition.
“We played a friendly against a First Division club (Gent) and won 72-64,” said coach Patrick Fick.
“This was without two of our starting five and we tried out different combinations because it’s our first match in six months.
“It was a reasonable result but there’s still lots of work needed,” said Fick.