- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Updated: April 4, 2012
Our touring men’s wheelchair basketball side opened their European warm-up campaign with victory on Tuesday night, writes Mark Etheridge.
Already having qualified for the Paralympics in London later this year, by virtue of their victory in the continental qualifying tournament in Morocco last year, the team started their matches off with a match against club opposition.
“We played a friendly against a First Division club (Gent) and won 72-64,” said coach Patrick Fick.
“This was without two of our starting five and we tried out different combinations because it’s our first match in six months.
“It was a reasonable result but there’s still lots of work needed,” said Fick.