- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Juniors shine at inter-districts tournament
- Updated: April 3, 2012
District volleyball teams from as far as Newcastle, Umkhanyakude and Uthukela brave wet weather conditions and ┬ámade their way to the KZN Volleyball junior inter district tournament hosted at the University of KwaZulu Natal Westville Campus Indoor Sports Centre last weekend.
A total of 17 teams representing boys and girls relished the cool conditions and played some exciting volleyball. A shadow squad of 30 players were later selected to join the KZN Volleyball junior academy. These players will be trained and coached and a final squad of 12 players in each category will represent KZN at the National Inter Provincial Games to be hosted in July in Durban.
Men’s and women’s teams from UKZN and Durban University of Technology’s left KZN on Saturday to participate in the University Sport Volleyball Championship scheduled for 2-5 April in Pretoria. Previous winners DUT men’s team remain positive about the event and are keen to bring back the gold medals to the province.
Five men’s teams and one women’s ┬áteam have registered to participate in the VSA Cup Club Championships┬á to be hosted by Gauteng at Wits University. Last year’s winners KSST from KwaDuguza and Watsonia from Tongaat in the men and women categories respectively have been promoted to the Champions Cup.
KZN teams should perform strongly in this tournament with DUT in the women’s category and Hambanati in the men’s category.