- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
Juniors shine at inter-districts tournament
- Updated: April 3, 2012
District volleyball teams from as far as Newcastle, Umkhanyakude and Uthukela brave wet weather conditions and ┬ámade their way to the KZN Volleyball junior inter district tournament hosted at the University of KwaZulu Natal Westville Campus Indoor Sports Centre last weekend.
A total of 17 teams representing boys and girls relished the cool conditions and played some exciting volleyball. A shadow squad of 30 players were later selected to join the KZN Volleyball junior academy. These players will be trained and coached and a final squad of 12 players in each category will represent KZN at the National Inter Provincial Games to be hosted in July in Durban.
Men’s and women’s teams from UKZN and Durban University of Technology’s left KZN on Saturday to participate in the University Sport Volleyball Championship scheduled for 2-5 April in Pretoria. Previous winners DUT men’s team remain positive about the event and are keen to bring back the gold medals to the province.
Five men’s teams and one women’s ┬áteam have registered to participate in the VSA Cup Club Championships┬á to be hosted by Gauteng at Wits University. Last year’s winners KSST from KwaDuguza and Watsonia from Tongaat in the men and women categories respectively have been promoted to the Champions Cup.
KZN teams should perform strongly in this tournament with DUT in the women’s category and Hambanati in the men’s category.