- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Hoffman hits the deck
- Updated: March 28, 2012
Top track cyclist Nolan Hoffman’s World Cup preparations took a tumble in Perth at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Hoffman, who has been campaigning on the World Cup circuit recently, was in Australia as part of the build-up to the UCI World Track Championships in Melbourne early next month.
He raced the Chevron Perth International grand prix event but things didn’t go according to plan and the Franschhoek cyclist hit the deck during his event.
“I had a fall in the scratch finalÔÇª a Russian fell in front of me and there was nowhere to go,” Hoffman told Road to London 2012 on Wednesday.┬á”Thankfully there are no serious injuries though. I’ve got have a few roasties and they took a four-centimetre splinter out of my back.
“I’ve still been getting in some track┬á training in the mean time and preparations are on track for next week. I’m still very much focused on getting a good result next week and hopefully with some luck i can pull it off.
“The form is good and I must use it, I leave for Melbourne on Sunday and my race is next week Thursday.”