- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Hoffman hits the deck
- Updated: March 28, 2012
Top track cyclist Nolan Hoffman’s World Cup preparations took a tumble in Perth at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Hoffman, who has been campaigning on the World Cup circuit recently, was in Australia as part of the build-up to the UCI World Track Championships in Melbourne early next month.
He raced the Chevron Perth International grand prix event but things didn’t go according to plan and the Franschhoek cyclist hit the deck during his event.
“I had a fall in the scratch finalÔÇª a Russian fell in front of me and there was nowhere to go,” Hoffman told Road to London 2012 on Wednesday.┬á”Thankfully there are no serious injuries though. I’ve got have a few roasties and they took a four-centimetre splinter out of my back.
“I’ve still been getting in some track┬á training in the mean time and preparations are on track for next week. I’m still very much focused on getting a good result next week and hopefully with some luck i can pull it off.
“The form is good and I must use it, I leave for Melbourne on Sunday and my race is next week Thursday.”