- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
KZN volleyball reaches out
- Updated: March 26, 2012
KZN volleyball continues to target clubs to deliver programmes in the outlying rural areas of KwaZulu-Natal.
Through an engagement with the Department of Sport & Recreation, 12 clubs representing women and men teams were recently selected from various districts of the province.
The club coaches then participated in a coaching workshop so that they could then implement tried and tested drills with their players back home.
FIVB Level II coaches Jason Govender and Zane Ally conducted the coaches workshop. The clubs were then provided with equipment and team kits so that they could train and participate in local leagues and competitions.
At the weekend, KZN Volleyball also hosted the Youth Inter District Tournament for girls (16 years) and boys (17 years) at the UKZN Westville Campus. Nine districts affiliated to KZN Volleyball participated in this tournament. A shadow squad of 25 boys and 25 girls were selected and these players will be placed into the KZN Volleyball Youth Academy for training.
March 31 will see a KZN Junior Inter-District tournament being staged.