- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
KZN volleyball reaches out
- Updated: March 26, 2012
KZN volleyball continues to target clubs to deliver programmes in the outlying rural areas of KwaZulu-Natal.
Through an engagement with the Department of Sport & Recreation, 12 clubs representing women and men teams were recently selected from various districts of the province.
The club coaches then participated in a coaching workshop so that they could then implement tried and tested drills with their players back home.
FIVB Level II coaches Jason Govender and Zane Ally conducted the coaches workshop. The clubs were then provided with equipment and team kits so that they could train and participate in local leagues and competitions.
At the weekend, KZN Volleyball also hosted the Youth Inter District Tournament for girls (16 years) and boys (17 years) at the UKZN Westville Campus. Nine districts affiliated to KZN Volleyball participated in this tournament. A shadow squad of 25 boys and 25 girls were selected and these players will be placed into the KZN Volleyball Youth Academy for training.
March 31 will see a KZN Junior Inter-District tournament being staged.