- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
KZN volleyball reaches out
- Updated: March 26, 2012
KZN volleyball continues to target clubs to deliver programmes in the outlying rural areas of KwaZulu-Natal.
Through an engagement with the Department of Sport & Recreation, 12 clubs representing women and men teams were recently selected from various districts of the province.
The club coaches then participated in a coaching workshop so that they could then implement tried and tested drills with their players back home.
FIVB Level II coaches Jason Govender and Zane Ally conducted the coaches workshop. The clubs were then provided with equipment and team kits so that they could train and participate in local leagues and competitions.
At the weekend, KZN Volleyball also hosted the Youth Inter District Tournament for girls (16 years) and boys (17 years) at the UKZN Westville Campus. Nine districts affiliated to KZN Volleyball participated in this tournament. A shadow squad of 25 boys and 25 girls were selected and these players will be placed into the KZN Volleyball Youth Academy for training.
March 31 will see a KZN Junior Inter-District tournament being staged.