- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
KZN volleyball reaches out
- Updated: March 26, 2012
KZN volleyball continues to target clubs to deliver programmes in the outlying rural areas of KwaZulu-Natal.
Through an engagement with the Department of Sport & Recreation, 12 clubs representing women and men teams were recently selected from various districts of the province.
The club coaches then participated in a coaching workshop so that they could then implement tried and tested drills with their players back home.
FIVB Level II coaches Jason Govender and Zane Ally conducted the coaches workshop. The clubs were then provided with equipment and team kits so that they could train and participate in local leagues and competitions.
At the weekend, KZN Volleyball also hosted the Youth Inter District Tournament for girls (16 years) and boys (17 years) at the UKZN Westville Campus. Nine districts affiliated to KZN Volleyball participated in this tournament. A shadow squad of 25 boys and 25 girls were selected and these players will be placed into the KZN Volleyball Youth Academy for training.
March 31 will see a KZN Junior Inter-District tournament being staged.