- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Nolan fine tunes in Oz
- Updated: March 22, 2012
By Mark Etheridge
Olympic track cycling hopeful Nolan Hoffman is in Australia, fine-tuning his preparations for the UCI World Championships in Melbourne early next month.
Hoffman, All Africa Games road race champion and Amashova Classic winner, is in Perth to get in some much needed preparation on the wooden racing track.
“I’m lucky to have get here a bit earlier for preparation on the wooden track before Worlds,” Hoffman told Road to London 2012 this week. “I’m safely here in Perth now and I must say it feels a lot like home, really hot Down Under here.”
Hoffman will ride in the Chevron Perth International grand prix event on Saturday, the 12th riding of the event and a UCI Category I event and the perfect warm-up for World Championships.
“A lot of international riders will be present and many┬á riders use this event as a pre-worlds race to see where the levels are and to get some good competition.
“For myself its good to get some track time before the big event and I’m ready to go and test myself. For the Scratch at the worlds I’m hoping for a top five but the sky is the limit!”