Liewe Adri, Pierre en Jacques Ons innige innige meegevoel met jul groot verlies. Wat 'n skok was dit nie om te lees van Ertjies nie. Mag die Here op Sy tyd vir julle vrede en berusting gee. Liefde Johan en Ina du Plesis
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
SASCOC mourn loss of Ertjies Bezuidenhout
- Updated: February 29, 2012
Olympic governing body SASCOC has sent condolences to the family and friends of South African cycling legend Ertjies Bezuidenhout.
Bezuidenhout, 56, died in Pretoria on Wednesday after suffering a major stroke shorty after completing a road cycling event on the East Rand at the weekend.
The 103-kilometre Brakpan race had been Bezuidenhout’s first race in 22 years and he had been preparing for the race for the last six months.
“Ertjies was one of our best-known cyclists and a true credit to the sport,” said SASCOC CEO Tubby Reddy. “There’s no doubting that the popularity of the sport was due in no small measure to people introduced to the sport through his exploits. We wish his family and friends, and also the cycling fraternity, well at this very sad time.”
Bezuidenhout, an exceptionally gifted climber, won the gruelling Rapport Cycle Tour in 1984 as well as three Argus Cycle Tours (1981, 1984, 1986). He won the Rapport Tour King of the Mountain title on several occasions.
Hi Bes en Riana, so jammer oor julle verlies, dis skokkend, en ons het hom persoonlik geken......Ek is xandra Andre Neethling se suster, en hoop ek kan kontak maak met julle. Baie sterkte my vriende..dink aan julle, kry my op Fbook en kontak my asb... Groete Xandra
Our sincere condolences to the Bezuidenhout family, We had the privilege to get to know Ertjies while working at Mercedes-Benz South Africa and we are both so sad at his passing. He was the kind of person you always looked forward to meet and spend time with. Boet, you will be remembered with fond and great memories. God speed Lourence & Dianna
To Ertjies family Would like to give my condolinses for his family, me and ertjies started cycling together years ago,he was a great friend and cycling friend, always there to help and changed out ideas for cycling, Rest in peace my friend One day we will meet again