- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
Mokoena third in UK
- Updated: February 20, 2012
Olympic silver medallist in Beijing four years ago, long jumper Khotso Mokoena placed third in the Aviva Grand Prix indoor track and field meeting in Birmingham, England at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Mokoena opened his competition with a leap of 7.89 metres and that proved to be his best effort of the day.
The victory went to to Britain’s JJ Gegede who leapt a personal best 8.04m with his second jump.
Mokoena’s leaps got shorter as his competition continued and he followed up on his 7.89 with jumps of 7.76, 7.72, 7.66 and 7.05m.
Runner-up was Spain’s Luis Meliz with a 7.91m best. Mokoena has an indoor best of 8.18m and his best this season is an 8.04m jumped in Moscow earlier this month.