- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Ho ends 7th in Brazil
- Updated: February 6, 2012
By Mark Etheridge
Olympian Chad Ho returns to South Africa buoyed by his form in the two South American legs of the FINA 10K Marathon Swimming World Cup.
The KwaZulu-Natalian swam both events, the first in Santos, Brazil a week ago and then moved on to the next leg in Viedma, Brazil at the weekend.
He placed 13th in the first event and then improved on that showing in Brazil.
“Not a bad way to finish my trip, got 7th place… but lots of work ahead of me,” posted the youngster on his Facebook page after the event before heading back to South Africa where he’ll swim this weekend’s Midmar Mile in the KwaZulu-Natal midlands. A total of 29 men’s competitors finished the Viedman leg of the series.
Ho clocked 1hr 55min 43sec for the 10 kilometres of action, with winner Spyridon Gianniotis timed at 1:55:29. The Greek swimmers has now won both his events contested in his Olympic Year campaign. Canada’s Richard Weinberger was second in 1:55:32.
Ho, who ended ninth in the 10km open water swim at the Beijing Olympics four years ago, won the World Cup series in 2010.