- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
SA men throw lead
- Updated: January 22, 2012
A 3-0 halftime lead was not enough for our men’s hockey side to beat host nation India in Delhi on Sunday.
Instead “the Ladz” allowed India to come back and share the spoils and so wrap up the series 3-1, with one match drawn.
This was the fifth and final Test match between South Africa and the eight-time Olympic Games gold medallists.
SA scored first half goals through Ricky West (26th minute, Ian Haley 31st and Miguel Da Graca 34th) with India replying after half-time via the sticks of Yuvraj Walmiki 43rd, V. R. Raghunath 49th and S.K. Uthappa 66th.