- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
SA men throw lead
- Updated: January 22, 2012
A 3-0 halftime lead was not enough for our men’s hockey side to beat host nation India in Delhi on Sunday.
Instead “the Ladz” allowed India to come back and share the spoils and so wrap up the series 3-1, with one match drawn.
This was the fifth and final Test match between South Africa and the eight-time Olympic Games gold medallists.
SA scored first half goals through Ricky West (26th minute, Ian Haley 31st and Miguel Da Graca 34th) with India replying after half-time via the sticks of Yuvraj Walmiki 43rd, V. R. Raghunath 49th and S.K. Uthappa 66th.