- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
SA men throw lead
- Updated: January 22, 2012
A 3-0 halftime lead was not enough for our men’s hockey side to beat host nation India in Delhi on Sunday.
Instead “the Ladz” allowed India to come back and share the spoils and so wrap up the series 3-1, with one match drawn.
This was the fifth and final Test match between South Africa and the eight-time Olympic Games gold medallists.
SA scored first half goals through Ricky West (26th minute, Ian Haley 31st and Miguel Da Graca 34th) with India replying after half-time via the sticks of Yuvraj Walmiki 43rd, V. R. Raghunath 49th and S.K. Uthappa 66th.