- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
SA men throw lead
- Updated: January 22, 2012
A 3-0 halftime lead was not enough for our men’s hockey side to beat host nation India in Delhi on Sunday.
Instead “the Ladz” allowed India to come back and share the spoils and so wrap up the series 3-1, with one match drawn.
This was the fifth and final Test match between South Africa and the eight-time Olympic Games gold medallists.
SA scored first half goals through Ricky West (26th minute, Ian Haley 31st and Miguel Da Graca 34th) with India replying after half-time via the sticks of Yuvraj Walmiki 43rd, V. R. Raghunath 49th and S.K. Uthappa 66th.