- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Sive in Austrian action
- Updated: January 15, 2012
Sive Speelman, our sole representative at the inaugural Winter Youth Olympics in Austria, ended 41st in his first competition on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
The Eastern Cape teenager was taking part in the Super G event and clocked 1min 18.31sec.
That put him 41st of 55 competitors at the Innsbruck event.
Speelman’s next event is scheduled to be the Super Combined event on Sunday.
Speelman is our only athlete taking part at this event. At the last Winter Olympics in Canada in 2010, Team South Africa was made up of three atletes.
Speelman is coached by veteran South African Winter Olympian Alexander Heath.