- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Sive in Austrian action
- Updated: January 15, 2012
Sive Speelman, our sole representative at the inaugural Winter Youth Olympics in Austria, ended 41st in his first competition on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
The Eastern Cape teenager was taking part in the Super G event and clocked 1min 18.31sec.
That put him 41st of 55 competitors at the Innsbruck event.
Speelman’s next event is scheduled to be the Super Combined event on Sunday.
Speelman is our only athlete taking part at this event. At the last Winter Olympics in Canada in 2010, Team South Africa was made up of three atletes.
Speelman is coached by veteran South African Winter Olympian Alexander Heath.