- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
Sive in Austrian action
- Updated: January 15, 2012
Sive Speelman, our sole representative at the inaugural Winter Youth Olympics in Austria, ended 41st in his first competition on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
The Eastern Cape teenager was taking part in the Super G event and clocked 1min 18.31sec.
That put him 41st of 55 competitors at the Innsbruck event.
Speelman’s next event is scheduled to be the Super Combined event on Sunday.
Speelman is our only athlete taking part at this event. At the last Winter Olympics in Canada in 2010, Team South Africa was made up of three atletes.
Speelman is coached by veteran South African Winter Olympian Alexander Heath.