- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Cycle ace’s bad luck
- Updated: January 10, 2012
By Mark Etheridge
All Africa Games cycling time trial champion Lise Olivier recently had a double scare while on vacation on the KwaZulu-Natal south coast.
The Pretoria based rider was hit by two body blows ÔÇô one of them literal ÔÇô┬áin the space of 24 hours.
First she was hit by a motor car while out training and shortly thereafter discovered that a fraudster had cleaned out her bank account.
Explained Olivier: “As far as the road accident is concerned I got lucky this time around. A car missed the slipway and then suddenly turned in the intersection. I went head first over the bonnet. I was lights out for a while but only ended up with stitch/glue on my cheek, road rash, soft tissue damage, sprained fingers and some other aches. Feel really lucky!
“The bank account thing happened the next day. I’m sure I will get it back but its strange how accidents happen in pairs. I’m not letting this get me down.”
Olivier, who rides locally for Team MTN Qhubeka, will ride the European season with Belgium based UCI team Lotto-Belisol.”