- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
SA squad for India
- Updated: December 21, 2011
The national men’s hockey side to take part in a five-Test series against India in the New Year was announced on Wednesday.
The series will be staged in New Delhi, India from 15-25 January as part of the qualifying plans for next year’s Olympic Games in London.
The 18-strong squad under the guidance of coach Gregg Clark, will be captained by Western Province’s Austin Smith. Western Province have the most representatives in the team with five players.
Goalkeepers: Rassie Pieterse (Southern Gauteng), Jacques Le Roux (WP). Defenders: Justin Reid-Ross (Northern Blues), Lloyd Madsen (KZN Coastal Raiders), Lance Louw (SG), Rhett Halkett (NB),┬á Ricky West (NB), Clinton Panther (SG). Midfielders: Austin Smith (WP, capt), Jonty Robinson (NB), Taine Paton, Tim Drummond (both KZN), Nic Gonsalves (NB). Strikers: Lloyd Norris-Jones (WP), Julian Hykes (Amatole-Border), Craig Haley, Ian Haley (both WP), Miguel da Graca (SG).
Management ÔÇô coach: Gregg Clark; assistant coach: David Viney; manager: Anton van Rooyen; goalkeeper coach: David Staniforth; video analyst: Mo Malebye; physio: Kate-Lyn Temple-Jones.