- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
Silver for schools side
- Updated: December 19, 2011
Our schools teams put up a good showing at the Continental badminton championships which ended in Pretoria at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
The girls team fared best, reaching the finals where they went down 2-3 to neighbors Namibia.
This after they had beaten their second-string B side 3-2 in a closely fought semi-finals match.
Our boys side made it as far as the semi-finals where they went down to Mauritius 3-2.
That saw them ending with a bronze medal for the championships. Gold medal in the boys category went to Uganda, who beat Mauritius 3-2 in the final.