- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
Silver for schools side
- Updated: December 19, 2011
Our schools teams put up a good showing at the Continental badminton championships which ended in Pretoria at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
The girls team fared best, reaching the finals where they went down 2-3 to neighbors Namibia.
This after they had beaten their second-string B side 3-2 in a closely fought semi-finals match.
Our boys side made it as far as the semi-finals where they went down to Mauritius 3-2.
That saw them ending with a bronze medal for the championships. Gold medal in the boys category went to Uganda, who beat Mauritius 3-2 in the final.