- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Silver for schools side
- Updated: December 19, 2011
Our schools teams put up a good showing at the Continental badminton championships which ended in Pretoria at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
The girls team fared best, reaching the finals where they went down 2-3 to neighbors Namibia.
This after they had beaten their second-string B side 3-2 in a closely fought semi-finals match.
Our boys side made it as far as the semi-finals where they went down to Mauritius 3-2.
That saw them ending with a bronze medal for the championships. Gold medal in the boys category went to Uganda, who beat Mauritius 3-2 in the final.