- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Silver for schools side
- Updated: December 19, 2011
Our schools teams put up a good showing at the Continental badminton championships which ended in Pretoria at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
The girls team fared best, reaching the finals where they went down 2-3 to neighbors Namibia.
This after they had beaten their second-string B side 3-2 in a closely fought semi-finals match.
Our boys side made it as far as the semi-finals where they went down to Mauritius 3-2.
That saw them ending with a bronze medal for the championships. Gold medal in the boys category went to Uganda, who beat Mauritius 3-2 in the final.