- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
Marsha’s girls prepare
- Updated: December 14, 2011
Our women’s hockey team are busy shaping up for their second Four Nations Test series of their South American journey.
After making the final of the opening tournament before going down to world champions Argentina in the final, head coach Giles Bonnet’s girls will be looking to build on that display.
The brains trust of the Investec South Africa women’s hockey team’s brains trust were locked in video sessions Tuesday as they planned the national squad’s playing strategy for the Four Nations tournament that starts Wednesday night (South African time) in the Argentine holiday town of Parana.
In the round-robin stage, captain Marsha Marescia’s SA team meet Ireland at 10.30pm on Wednesday; world champions Argentina at 1am (SA time) Friday and India at 10.30 pm (SA time) Saturday before Sunday’s finals.
Bonnet, assistant coach Fabian Gregory, video analyst Adrian Carolan and Amsterdam-based Dutch specialist trainers Phil Estourgie and Diederik Mars were busy preparing presentations to deliver to the players ahead of later training sessions.
India ended third and Ireland fourth in the opening Four Nations series.