- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Marsha’s girls prepare
- Updated: December 14, 2011
Our women’s hockey team are busy shaping up for their second Four Nations Test series of their South American journey.
After making the final of the opening tournament before going down to world champions Argentina in the final, head coach Giles Bonnet’s girls will be looking to build on that display.
The brains trust of the Investec South Africa women’s hockey team’s brains trust were locked in video sessions Tuesday as they planned the national squad’s playing strategy for the Four Nations tournament that starts Wednesday night (South African time) in the Argentine holiday town of Parana.
In the round-robin stage, captain Marsha Marescia’s SA team meet Ireland at 10.30pm on Wednesday; world champions Argentina at 1am (SA time) Friday and India at 10.30 pm (SA time) Saturday before Sunday’s finals.
Bonnet, assistant coach Fabian Gregory, video analyst Adrian Carolan and Amsterdam-based Dutch specialist trainers Phil Estourgie and Diederik Mars were busy preparing presentations to deliver to the players ahead of later training sessions.
India ended third and Ireland fourth in the opening Four Nations series.