- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Marsha’s girls prepare
- Updated: December 14, 2011
Our women’s hockey team are busy shaping up for their second Four Nations Test series of their South American journey.
After making the final of the opening tournament before going down to world champions Argentina in the final, head coach Giles Bonnet’s girls will be looking to build on that display.
The brains trust of the Investec South Africa women’s hockey team’s brains trust were locked in video sessions Tuesday as they planned the national squad’s playing strategy for the Four Nations tournament that starts Wednesday night (South African time) in the Argentine holiday town of Parana.
In the round-robin stage, captain Marsha Marescia’s SA team meet Ireland at 10.30pm on Wednesday; world champions Argentina at 1am (SA time) Friday and India at 10.30 pm (SA time) Saturday before Sunday’s finals.
Bonnet, assistant coach Fabian Gregory, video analyst Adrian Carolan and Amsterdam-based Dutch specialist trainers Phil Estourgie and Diederik Mars were busy preparing presentations to deliver to the players ahead of later training sessions.
India ended third and Ireland fourth in the opening Four Nations series.