- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Frik in ASA hot seat
- Updated: December 14, 2011
Prominent Johannesburg businessman and athletics expert Frik Vermaak was named Chief Executive Officer of Athletics SA (ASA) on Wednesday.
Vermaak, 53, is a well-known athletics commentator, track and field administrator and is also the chairman of the SA Athletics Statisticians organisation.
He is also a former CEO of Computershare South Africa, Allegro Holdings and the V7 Group.
Vermaak’s son Pierre is also involved in athletics and is a national junior race-walking champion. Earlier this year he was injured while training ÔÇô he was hit by a taxi ÔÇô but is since well on the road to recovery.