- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
Frik in ASA hot seat
- Updated: December 14, 2011
Prominent Johannesburg businessman and athletics expert Frik Vermaak was named Chief Executive Officer of Athletics SA (ASA) on Wednesday.
Vermaak, 53, is a well-known athletics commentator, track and field administrator and is also the chairman of the SA Athletics Statisticians organisation.
He is also a former CEO of Computershare South Africa, Allegro Holdings and the V7 Group.
Vermaak’s son Pierre is also involved in athletics and is a national junior race-walking champion. Earlier this year he was injured while training ÔÇô he was hit by a taxi ÔÇô but is since well on the road to recovery.