- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Frik in ASA hot seat
- Updated: December 14, 2011
Prominent Johannesburg businessman and athletics expert Frik Vermaak was named Chief Executive Officer of Athletics SA (ASA) on Wednesday.
Vermaak, 53, is a well-known athletics commentator, track and field administrator and is also the chairman of the SA Athletics Statisticians organisation.
He is also a former CEO of Computershare South Africa, Allegro Holdings and the V7 Group.
Vermaak’s son Pierre is also involved in athletics and is a national junior race-walking champion. Earlier this year he was injured while training ÔÇô he was hit by a taxi ÔÇô but is since well on the road to recovery.