- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Frik in ASA hot seat
- Updated: December 14, 2011
Prominent Johannesburg businessman and athletics expert Frik Vermaak was named Chief Executive Officer of Athletics SA (ASA) on Wednesday.
Vermaak, 53, is a well-known athletics commentator, track and field administrator and is also the chairman of the SA Athletics Statisticians organisation.
He is also a former CEO of Computershare South Africa, Allegro Holdings and the V7 Group.
Vermaak’s son Pierre is also involved in athletics and is a national junior race-walking champion. Earlier this year he was injured while training ÔÇô he was hit by a taxi ÔÇô but is since well on the road to recovery.