- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
Frik in ASA hot seat
- Updated: December 14, 2011
Prominent Johannesburg businessman and athletics expert Frik Vermaak was named Chief Executive Officer of Athletics SA (ASA) on Wednesday.
Vermaak, 53, is a well-known athletics commentator, track and field administrator and is also the chairman of the SA Athletics Statisticians organisation.
He is also a former CEO of Computershare South Africa, Allegro Holdings and the V7 Group.
Vermaak’s son Pierre is also involved in athletics and is a national junior race-walking champion. Earlier this year he was injured while training ÔÇô he was hit by a taxi ÔÇô but is since well on the road to recovery.