- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
More medals in Holland
- Updated: December 5, 2011
Team South Africa wrapped up the final day of the Dutch Open Swimming Championships in Eindhoven on Sunday with a further three bronze medals.
Vanessa Mohr claimed her second bronze medal, this time in the 50-metre butterfly with a time of 26.83sec behind Sarah Sjostrom in 25.94 and Kelly de Jong in 26.74.
Mohr’s fellow South African Mandy Loots finished in sixth place with a time of 27.67.
Later in the 100m backstroke Karin Prinsloo scooped her second bronze medal, clocking a fast 1min 01.73sec. The gold and a new Championship record went to Spain’s Duane da Roche in 1:00.92.
It was certainly ladies night in Eindhoven as Kathryn Meaklim then made Mzansi proud again by winning a bronze in the 400m individual medley, touching the wall in 4:43.74. Hannah Miley took the gold and a new Championship record in 4:34.76.
In other results at tonight’s evening finals, Devon Brown, who won gold on Saturday, finished fourth in the 1500m freestyle with a time of 15.29.14, Darren Murray was sixth in the 100m backstroke in 55.71 and Leith Shankland ended fifth in the B Finals of the 100m freestyle in 50.72.