- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Khwela lends a hand
- Updated: December 2, 2011
Commonwealth Games silver medallist Jennifer Khwela was in attendance as KZN Gymnastics recently hosted a gymnastics development coaching clinic in rural KwaXimba, Kwa-Zulu Natal, with assistance from the KZN Department Sport & Recreation and the eThekwini Municipality.
Upon completion of a teachers and community coaches workshop an invitation was extended to local primary school children to attend a morning of gymnastics activities which included Artistic Floor Work, Mini -Trampoline , Rhythmic Hoop and Rope Skipping. Despite the heavy rain, 120 enthusiastic kids joined in the fun session and were each rewarded at the end of the morning with a snack pack and a skipping rope.
Included in the 10 coaches facilitating the training was SA Artistic Gymnast Khwela, who despite undergoing recent knee surgery and currently undergoing intensive rehabilitation, was on hand to help the young kids who may well be one of our future stars.
The local community coaches will present many of these activities again at the hub festival, to be presented at the same venue on 3┬á December 2011.
Said Allan Chadwick, SAGF Men’s Artistic Programme Manager and KZN coach: “These coaching clinics, combined with the Lotto allocation of basic equipment to rural districts, should see regular gymnastics sessions being presented in the future.”