- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Pietie scores, SA lose
- Updated: November 8, 2011
Our women’s hockey side lost out by the odd goal in seven against Germany in Holland on Monday night.
Currently ranked 12th in the world, the Investec South Africa national side were shaded 4-3 by third-ranked Germany in a one-off Test played in Arnhem.
ÔÇ£We could have got a better result against a German squad that was only missing two players,ÔÇØ said SA assistant coach Phil Estourgie. ÔÇ£We were missing more players due to injury or players not being in Holland yet.ÔÇØ
All South Africa’s goals came from field play, Western Province’s Kathleen Taylor, North West’s Sulette Damons and world record goalscorer Pietie Coetzee of Southern Gauteng getting on the score-sheet. It was the superstar’s 226th goal in 228 Test matches.
Although 19 of South Africa top players are plying their trade with clubs in Holland, a number are still at home or injured.
Next up for South Africa are two tough encounters against top-ranked Holland on November 22 and 23 before they move to Argentina for two 4-Nations competitions in December.