- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Herman handed call-up
- Updated: November 1, 2011
A logistical challenge has seen a change to the Team SA road cycling team to do duty at the African Continental Championships in Asmara, Eritrea from 9-13 November.
The outcome is that Herman Fouche will now replace Nolan Hoffman in the team for Ethiopia. This as Cycling South Africa’s Road Commission were in unison to include Herman Fouche and his sprint capabilities to the team to replace Hoffman.
The challenges was to get 2011 Amashova Classic winner Hoffman to Eritrea directly from the UCI Track Cycling World Cup ÔÇ£ClassicÔÇØ in Kazakhstan, where he was also selected to race. SA sprinting sensation Arran Brown was approached to ride for the team but was unavailable for the event.
The revised team will be as follows:
Reinardt Janse van Rensburg
Ashleigh Moolman Pasio
Joanna van de Winkel
Robyn de Groot
Team Manager: Barry Austin
Mechanic and Masseur: To be confirmed