- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
Herman handed call-up
- Updated: November 1, 2011
A logistical challenge has seen a change to the Team SA road cycling team to do duty at the African Continental Championships in Asmara, Eritrea from 9-13 November.
The outcome is that Herman Fouche will now replace Nolan Hoffman in the team for Ethiopia. This as Cycling South Africa’s Road Commission were in unison to include Herman Fouche and his sprint capabilities to the team to replace Hoffman.
The challenges was to get 2011 Amashova Classic winner Hoffman to Eritrea directly from the UCI Track Cycling World Cup ÔÇ£ClassicÔÇØ in Kazakhstan, where he was also selected to race. SA sprinting sensation Arran Brown was approached to ride for the team but was unavailable for the event.
The revised team will be as follows:
Reinardt Janse van Rensburg
Ashleigh Moolman Pasio
Joanna van de Winkel
Robyn de Groot
Team Manager: Barry Austin
Mechanic and Masseur: To be confirmed