- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Juan makes progress
- Updated: October 28, 2011
Beijing Olympics 1500-metre finalist Juan van Deventer’s comeback trail continues to gain momentum, writes Mark Etheridge.
Hit by a car while training in Johannesburg in May this year, he had screws inserted into his knee to strengthen the bone.
“Training is picking up well and the knee is feeling good,” Van Deventer told Road to London 2012 on Friday. “The muscles still need to get a bit stronger before I can get into full training but that should be within the next few weeks.”
No plans to race yet though, just focusing on getting the correct training in and building the confidence,” said the 28-year-old middle-distance ace.