- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
SA team 10th in China
- Updated: October 21, 2011
South African based MTN-Qhubeka cycle team find themselves 10th in the team category after Friday’s second stage of the Tour of Hainan in China.
Aisan Racing’s Nakajima Yasuharo took line honours in the 88.6-kilometre stage in Wuzhishan with our Reinardt Janse van Rensburg fourth across the line after Hasuharu had broken away from the bunch to clock a time of 3hr 43min 39sec.
Janse van Rensburg was credited with a time 59sec slower along with a group of 74 riders. France’s Justin Jules (Velo-Club La Pomme Marseille) retains the overall lead in the General Classification. “Mistimed our run into the line…one rider stayed away. I got third in bunch,” Janse van Rensburg said on his Twitter feed.
After two days racing on the hot and humid Asian island, Janse van Rensburg finds himself lying seventh in the GC, 14 seconds down.
Next best South African is JC Nel in 36th spot (27sec adrift).
In the team classification, Drapac outfit lead with a combined time of 23hr 52min 12sec with MTN-Qhubeka 10th 1:42 back.
Saturday’s third of nine stages is a 161.6 kilometre ride from Xinglong to Wenchang.