- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Ace duo hit the road
- Updated: October 14, 2011
Two of our top 10 ranked tennis players leave this week in search of more international experience and success, writes Mark Etheridge.
Chanelle Simmonds and Natasha Fourouclas recently returned after a spell in Indonesia where they played two $25,000 ITF tournaments in Garuda and Palambang.
Simmonds reached the final in Garuda where she lost to Belgium’s Tammy Hendler. The two then teamed up to win the doubles division of the next tournament in Palambang.
In the singles competition in Palambang, Simmonds knocked countryman Fourouclas out in the opening round and went on to make the quarter-finals.
The two East Rand players now head in different directions for their next tournaments. Simmonds heads west for four tournaments in the United States while Fouroulas stays in Africa but jets of to Nigeria for two tournaments.