- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
Ace duo hit the road
- Updated: October 14, 2011
Two of our top 10 ranked tennis players leave this week in search of more international experience and success, writes Mark Etheridge.
Chanelle Simmonds and Natasha Fourouclas recently returned after a spell in Indonesia where they played two $25,000 ITF tournaments in Garuda and Palambang.
Simmonds reached the final in Garuda where she lost to Belgium’s Tammy Hendler. The two then teamed up to win the doubles division of the next tournament in Palambang.
In the singles competition in Palambang, Simmonds knocked countryman Fourouclas out in the opening round and went on to make the quarter-finals.
The two East Rand players now head in different directions for their next tournaments. Simmonds heads west for four tournaments in the United States while Fouroulas stays in Africa but jets of to Nigeria for two tournaments.