- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
- Muizenberg hosts SA’s first Adapative Championships
- SA duo seal silver medals at African Championships
- Harris on the rise after two Futures wins
Ace duo hit the road
- Updated: October 14, 2011
Two of our top 10 ranked tennis players leave this week in search of more international experience and success, writes Mark Etheridge.
Chanelle Simmonds and Natasha Fourouclas recently returned after a spell in Indonesia where they played two $25,000 ITF tournaments in Garuda and Palambang.
Simmonds reached the final in Garuda where she lost to Belgium’s Tammy Hendler. The two then teamed up to win the doubles division of the next tournament in Palambang.
In the singles competition in Palambang, Simmonds knocked countryman Fourouclas out in the opening round and went on to make the quarter-finals.
The two East Rand players now head in different directions for their next tournaments. Simmonds heads west for four tournaments in the United States while Fouroulas stays in Africa but jets of to Nigeria for two tournaments.