- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Top honours for Ho
- Updated: October 13, 2011
South African archery judge Charmaine Ho was recently honoured by being upgraded to International Judge Status.
The decision was taken at a Judges Committee meeting held in London and SA Archery was given the good news by World Archery Judges Chair, Morten Wilmann.
The announcement is both an honour for South Africa as well as a tribute to Ho’s hard work and dedication to her sport.
Through the years, Ho has progressed from provincial, national, continental and now International Judge after achieving high scores in her exams and officiating at a number of World Ranking and International tournaments. She is well known to archers, having judged at numerous tournaments over the past decade.
Messages of congratulations are pouring in from all over the world, including her mentor, World Archery Judge Emeritus, Prof Konrad van Warmelo.
Over 10 million archers worldwide rely on approximately 20 International Judges to ensure the high standard of our sport, and now Judge Ho joins the elite band of professional judges.