- Lamprecht’s great form continues as he leads at Leopard Creek
- Jobodwana, Gelant shine at Speed Series in Durban
- Temple-Jones hard at work keeping Blitzboks in tip-top shape
- Klaasen bags a fourth ATP World Tour doubles title in the US
- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
Top honours for Ho
- Updated: October 13, 2011
South African archery judge Charmaine Ho was recently honoured by being upgraded to International Judge Status.
The decision was taken at a Judges Committee meeting held in London and SA Archery was given the good news by World Archery Judges Chair, Morten Wilmann.
The announcement is both an honour for South Africa as well as a tribute to Ho’s hard work and dedication to her sport.
Through the years, Ho has progressed from provincial, national, continental and now International Judge after achieving high scores in her exams and officiating at a number of World Ranking and International tournaments. She is well known to archers, having judged at numerous tournaments over the past decade.
Messages of congratulations are pouring in from all over the world, including her mentor, World Archery Judge Emeritus, Prof Konrad van Warmelo.
Over 10 million archers worldwide rely on approximately 20 International Judges to ensure the high standard of our sport, and now Judge Ho joins the elite band of professional judges.