- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Top honours for Ho
- Updated: October 13, 2011
South African archery judge Charmaine Ho was recently honoured by being upgraded to International Judge Status.
The decision was taken at a Judges Committee meeting held in London and SA Archery was given the good news by World Archery Judges Chair, Morten Wilmann.
The announcement is both an honour for South Africa as well as a tribute to Ho’s hard work and dedication to her sport.
Through the years, Ho has progressed from provincial, national, continental and now International Judge after achieving high scores in her exams and officiating at a number of World Ranking and International tournaments. She is well known to archers, having judged at numerous tournaments over the past decade.
Messages of congratulations are pouring in from all over the world, including her mentor, World Archery Judge Emeritus, Prof Konrad van Warmelo.
Over 10 million archers worldwide rely on approximately 20 International Judges to ensure the high standard of our sport, and now Judge Ho joins the elite band of professional judges.