- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
SA claim four team medals in Cairo
- Updated: October 11, 2011
There were no individual titles but South Africa won four medals in the team competition at the Africa Fencing Championships in Cairo, Egypt.
There were silver medals in the women’s epee and sabre while in the men’s team there were two bronze medals in the epee and foil categories.
National senior championships for the year saw Cape fencers win two titles in the men’s competition. Jay New won the epee category and Jacques Viljoen was top dog in the foil. Oliver Mayhew of Northern Gauteng won the sabre title.
In the women’s competition, epee honors went to Gauteng’s Juliana Bennett, with Gauteng fencers also winning the other two categories: Kirsten Steyn (foil) and Adele du Plooy (sabre).