- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
SA claim four team medals in Cairo
- Updated: October 11, 2011
There were no individual titles but South Africa won four medals in the team competition at the Africa Fencing Championships in Cairo, Egypt.
There were silver medals in the women’s epee and sabre while in the men’s team there were two bronze medals in the epee and foil categories.
National senior championships for the year saw Cape fencers win two titles in the men’s competition. Jay New won the epee category and Jacques Viljoen was top dog in the foil. Oliver Mayhew of Northern Gauteng won the sabre title.
In the women’s competition, epee honors went to Gauteng’s Juliana Bennett, with Gauteng fencers also winning the other two categories: Kirsten Steyn (foil) and Adele du Plooy (sabre).