- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
SA claim four team medals in Cairo
- Updated: October 11, 2011
There were no individual titles but South Africa won four medals in the team competition at the Africa Fencing Championships in Cairo, Egypt.
There were silver medals in the women’s epee and sabre while in the men’s team there were two bronze medals in the epee and foil categories.
National senior championships for the year saw Cape fencers win two titles in the men’s competition. Jay New won the epee category and Jacques Viljoen was top dog in the foil. Oliver Mayhew of Northern Gauteng won the sabre title.
In the women’s competition, epee honors went to Gauteng’s Juliana Bennett, with Gauteng fencers also winning the other two categories: Kirsten Steyn (foil) and Adele du Plooy (sabre).