- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Chanel out in quarters
- Updated: October 7, 2011
Chanel Simmonds fell at the quarter-final stages of the Palembang tournament in Indonesia on Friday.
A finalist in last week’s Garuda tournament, also in Indonesia, Simmonds went no further this time round. She ended up going down to Thailand’s Luksika Kumkhum.
Seeded third for the tournament, Simmonds would not have been happy to go out to a player seeded four spots lower than her. She also wouldn’t be happy with the end score of 6-1 6-0.
Earlier in the tournament Simmonds had beaten fellow South African Natasha Fourouclas in the first round.