- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Chanel out in quarters
- Updated: October 7, 2011
Chanel Simmonds fell at the quarter-final stages of the Palembang tournament in Indonesia on Friday.
A finalist in last week’s Garuda tournament, also in Indonesia, Simmonds went no further this time round. She ended up going down to Thailand’s Luksika Kumkhum.
Seeded third for the tournament, Simmonds would not have been happy to go out to a player seeded four spots lower than her. She also wouldn’t be happy with the end score of 6-1 6-0.
Earlier in the tournament Simmonds had beaten fellow South African Natasha Fourouclas in the first round.