- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
Simmonds into quarters
- Updated: October 6, 2011
Chanel Simmonds is through to the quarter-finals of the $25,000 ITF Futures tournament in Pelambang, Indonesia.
This after beating fellow South African qualifier Natasha Fourouclas in the first round in an unfortunate draw that pitched the two together, writes Mark Etheridge.
Simmonds beat Fourouclas 6-2 6-2 to go through to the next round. She then took on China’s Yi-Jing Zhao, a player she beat en route to the final of last week’s Garuda tournament, also in Indonesia.
Nineteen-year-old SImmonds, who hails from Kempton Park in Johannesburg, again proved too good and went through 6-1 7-5. The tournament’s third seed will now play seventh-seeded Luksiha Kumkhum of Thailand for a place in the semi-finals.