- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
Simmonds into quarters
- Updated: October 6, 2011
Chanel Simmonds is through to the quarter-finals of the $25,000 ITF Futures tournament in Pelambang, Indonesia.
This after beating fellow South African qualifier Natasha Fourouclas in the first round in an unfortunate draw that pitched the two together, writes Mark Etheridge.
Simmonds beat Fourouclas 6-2 6-2 to go through to the next round. She then took on China’s Yi-Jing Zhao, a player she beat en route to the final of last week’s Garuda tournament, also in Indonesia.
Nineteen-year-old SImmonds, who hails from Kempton Park in Johannesburg, again proved too good and went through 6-1 7-5. The tournament’s third seed will now play seventh-seeded Luksiha Kumkhum of Thailand for a place in the semi-finals.