- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
Cameron, Janke win Under-17 titles
- Updated: October 5, 2011
Cameron Coetzer and Janke van der Vyfer are the new South African Under-17 badminton champions.
The finals of the national championships were played in Bloemfontein on Tuesday and Boland’s Coetzer and Free State’s Van der Vyfer walked off with the titles. Coetzer beat KwaZulu-Natal’s Renashan Naidoo 21-17 13-31 21-18 while Van der Vyfer beat Boland’s Anri Schonees 21-23 21-16 21-10.
Making Vd Vyver’s victory all the more impressive is that she is still an Under-15 player, having won that category’s title in Cape Town in March this year.
The inter-provincial team events start on Wednesday.
Other results from the championships:
Girls Doubles: Anri Schoonees (Boland) & Jamie Bailey (WP) bt Lee-Ann de Wet (WP) & Janke vd Fyver (FS) 21-13 21-19
Boys Doubles: Cameron Coetzer (Border) & Renashan Naidoo (KZN) bt Tokkie Kasselman (FS) & Lindsey Griebelaar (WP) 21-18 17-21 21-15
Mixed Doubles: Reneshan Naidoo (KZN) & Lee-Ann de Wet (WP) bt Cameron Coetzer (Border) & Anri Schoonees (Boland) 21-16 21-15