- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
Two Oceans entries open
- Updated: October 3, 2011
Online entries for the 2012 Old Mutual Two Oceans 56 kilometer ultra-marathon open on Wednesday 5 October 2011.
Next year’s event takes place on Easter Saturday, 7 April, and is expected to attract yet another record field if this year’s figure of over 30┬á000 entrants over all the distances is anything to go by.
Due to a renewed interest amongst the marathon running fraternity, ultra-marathon participants are encouraged to get their qualifying marathon done as soon as they can and to submit their entry to avoid disappointment.┬á The qualifying window is from 1 September 2011 to 7 March 2012, when entries close.
South African entrants wanting to run the ultra-marathon must belong to a registered ASA running club and have a valid provincial licence number, as no temporary licences will be issued for the 56km event.
Online entries close on 7 March 2012 or when 11 000 entries for the ultra-marathon are reached, whichever comes first.┬á Half-marathoners will need to wait until Wednesday 9 November 2011, for online entries to open and next year’s field has been increased to accommodate 16 000 runners.
Participants are encouraged to enter online at www.twooceansmarathon.org.za.┬á Alternatively, participants can download an entry form from the website, or pick them up from leading sports shops and running clubs countrywide from mid November 2011.