- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
SA youngsters shine
- Updated: September 30, 2011
Our rising tennis stars are busy making their presence felt in faraway San Luis Potosi, Mexico where they are on Junior Davis Cup duty.
For the first time ever, both our boys and girls sides will be involved in play-offs for the top eight positions in the same year.
The girls ended up second in their group and it’s the first time in 16 years that they’ll play off for positions five-eight. And the fifth-seeded Czech Republic side that South Africa lost to in the first round, have become favorites to win the overall event.
The trio of Lynn Kiro, Madrie le Roux and Ilze Hattingh will play hosts and seventh-seeds Mexico in their first round play-off
As far as the boys’ progress goes, the team of Wayne Montgomery, Matthew Rossouw and Theo Ferreira were the first boys to qualify to play out for the top four positions at Junior Davis Cup, a fantastic achievement to come back from after a first round loss. They’ll now take on second seeded Italy in the semi-finals.