- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
SA youngsters shine
- Updated: September 30, 2011
Our rising tennis stars are busy making their presence felt in faraway San Luis Potosi, Mexico where they are on Junior Davis Cup duty.
For the first time ever, both our boys and girls sides will be involved in play-offs for the top eight positions in the same year.
The girls ended up second in their group and it’s the first time in 16 years that they’ll play off for positions five-eight. And the fifth-seeded Czech Republic side that South Africa lost to in the first round, have become favorites to win the overall event.
The trio of Lynn Kiro, Madrie le Roux and Ilze Hattingh will play hosts and seventh-seeds Mexico in their first round play-off
As far as the boys’ progress goes, the team of Wayne Montgomery, Matthew Rossouw and Theo Ferreira were the first boys to qualify to play out for the top four positions at Junior Davis Cup, a fantastic achievement to come back from after a first round loss. They’ll now take on second seeded Italy in the semi-finals.