- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Kevin top seed v Croatia
- Updated: September 15, 2011
As expected Kevin Anderson was nominated as the number one player for South Africa, while Izak van der Merwe came as the surprise number two when the draw for the Davis Cup World Group play-off between hosts South Africa and Croatia was made in Potchefstroom on Thursday.
Rik de Voest will partner Anderson in the doubles, while Raven Klaasen will watch from the sidelines. The doubles encounter will be critical with the home team relying heavily on Anderson, reports Sapa.
The Croatian team features Marin Cilic as their number one, and Ivan Dodig the number two. The visitors nominated Nikola Mektic and Antonio Veic for their doubles pairing.
Singles matches on Friday will feature the number one player from each team playing the number two from the opposition while the doubles match will be on Saturday with the reverse singles to be played on Sunday.
Friday’s singles matches: Kevin Anderson (RSA) v Ivan Dodig (CRO) Izak van der Merwe (RSA) v Marin Cilic (CRO).
The doubles teams for Saturday: Rik de Voest (RSA) and Kevin Anderson (RSA) v Nikola Mektic (CRO) and Antonio Veic (CRO).
The reverse singles draw for Sunday: Kevin Anderson (RSA) v Marin Cilic (CRO) Izak van der Merwe (RSA) v Ivan Dodig (CRO)