- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Updated: September 10, 2011
By Gareth Duncan
in Douglas, the Isle of Man
South Africa’s swimming team won another five medals, adding to the eight they secured on day two at the Commonwealth Youth Games.
Hendrik Alberts achieved the best result of the day in the pool with a silver medal in the men’s 100m butterfly. This adds to his silver medal he won in the men’s 50m butterfly on Friday.
The other four medals were all bronze, with Marne Erasmus (women’s 50m freestyle), Michelle Weber (women’s 800m freestyle), Kelly Gunnell (women’s 50m breaststroke) and men’s 4x100m medley relay claiming podium finishes.