- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Updated: September 10, 2011
By Gareth Duncan
in Douglas, the Isle of Man
South Africa’s swimming team won another five medals, adding to the eight they secured on day two at the Commonwealth Youth Games.
Hendrik Alberts achieved the best result of the day in the pool with a silver medal in the men’s 100m butterfly. This adds to his silver medal he won in the men’s 50m butterfly on Friday.
The other four medals were all bronze, with Marne Erasmus (women’s 50m freestyle), Michelle Weber (women’s 800m freestyle), Kelly Gunnell (women’s 50m breaststroke) and men’s 4x100m medley relay claiming podium finishes.