- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Updated: September 10, 2011
By Gareth Duncan
in Douglas, the Isle of Man
South Africa’s swimming team won another five medals, adding to the eight they secured on day two at the Commonwealth Youth Games.
Hendrik Alberts achieved the best result of the day in the pool with a silver medal in the men’s 100m butterfly. This adds to his silver medal he won in the men’s 50m butterfly on Friday.
The other four medals were all bronze, with Marne Erasmus (women’s 50m freestyle), Michelle Weber (women’s 800m freestyle), Kelly Gunnell (women’s 50m breaststroke) and men’s 4x100m medley relay claiming podium finishes.