- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Updated: September 10, 2011
By Gareth Duncan
in Douglas, the Isle of Man
South Africa’s swimming team won another five medals, adding to the eight they secured on day two at the Commonwealth Youth Games.
Hendrik Alberts achieved the best result of the day in the pool with a silver medal in the men’s 100m butterfly. This adds to his silver medal he won in the men’s 50m butterfly on Friday.
The other four medals were all bronze, with Marne Erasmus (women’s 50m freestyle), Michelle Weber (women’s 800m freestyle), Kelly Gunnell (women’s 50m breaststroke) and men’s 4x100m medley relay claiming podium finishes.