- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Updated: September 10, 2011
By Gareth Duncan
in Douglas, the Isle of Man
South Africa’s swimming team won another five medals, adding to the eight they secured on day two at the Commonwealth Youth Games.
Hendrik Alberts achieved the best result of the day in the pool with a silver medal in the men’s 100m butterfly. This adds to his silver medal he won in the men’s 50m butterfly on Friday.
The other four medals were all bronze, with Marne Erasmus (women’s 50m freestyle), Michelle Weber (women’s 800m freestyle), Kelly Gunnell (women’s 50m breaststroke) and men’s 4x100m medley relay claiming podium finishes.