- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Juniors make semis
- Updated: September 9, 2011
South African junior boxers Nyiko Ndukula and Jabulani Makhense reached the semi-final stages at the Commonwealth Youth Games on Friday.
Ndukula (light flyweight) and Makhense (lightweight) advanced from their quarter-final bouts against Canada’s Brody Pigeon and Samoa’s Kaisa Ioane respectively.
Zone VI bronze medalist Ndukula claimed a 16-11 win and will now face Rahul Poonia from India for a place in the light flyweight gold medal decider. Makhense had a free walk into the semi-finals as his opponent was unable to compete. Makhense will face Scotland’s Charlie Flynn in his semi-final.
Both Limpopo boxers are scheduled to fight on Saturday.