- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
Juniors make semis
- Updated: September 9, 2011
South African junior boxers Nyiko Ndukula and Jabulani Makhense reached the semi-final stages at the Commonwealth Youth Games on Friday.
Ndukula (light flyweight) and Makhense (lightweight) advanced from their quarter-final bouts against Canada’s Brody Pigeon and Samoa’s Kaisa Ioane respectively.
Zone VI bronze medalist Ndukula claimed a 16-11 win and will now face Rahul Poonia from India for a place in the light flyweight gold medal decider. Makhense had a free walk into the semi-finals as his opponent was unable to compete. Makhense will face Scotland’s Charlie Flynn in his semi-final.
Both Limpopo boxers are scheduled to fight on Saturday.