- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Juniors make semis
- Updated: September 9, 2011
South African junior boxers Nyiko Ndukula and Jabulani Makhense reached the semi-final stages at the Commonwealth Youth Games on Friday.
Ndukula (light flyweight) and Makhense (lightweight) advanced from their quarter-final bouts against Canada’s Brody Pigeon and Samoa’s Kaisa Ioane respectively.
Zone VI bronze medalist Ndukula claimed a 16-11 win and will now face Rahul Poonia from India for a place in the light flyweight gold medal decider. Makhense had a free walk into the semi-finals as his opponent was unable to compete. Makhense will face Scotland’s Charlie Flynn in his semi-final.
Both Limpopo boxers are scheduled to fight on Saturday.