- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Juniors make semis
- Updated: September 9, 2011
South African junior boxers Nyiko Ndukula and Jabulani Makhense reached the semi-final stages at the Commonwealth Youth Games on Friday.
Ndukula (light flyweight) and Makhense (lightweight) advanced from their quarter-final bouts against Canada’s Brody Pigeon and Samoa’s Kaisa Ioane respectively.
Zone VI bronze medalist Ndukula claimed a 16-11 win and will now face Rahul Poonia from India for a place in the light flyweight gold medal decider. Makhense had a free walk into the semi-finals as his opponent was unable to compete. Makhense will face Scotland’s Charlie Flynn in his semi-final.
Both Limpopo boxers are scheduled to fight on Saturday.