- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
Juniors make semis
- Updated: September 9, 2011
South African junior boxers Nyiko Ndukula and Jabulani Makhense reached the semi-final stages at the Commonwealth Youth Games on Friday.
Ndukula (light flyweight) and Makhense (lightweight) advanced from their quarter-final bouts against Canada’s Brody Pigeon and Samoa’s Kaisa Ioane respectively.
Zone VI bronze medalist Ndukula claimed a 16-11 win and will now face Rahul Poonia from India for a place in the light flyweight gold medal decider. Makhense had a free walk into the semi-finals as his opponent was unable to compete. Makhense will face Scotland’s Charlie Flynn in his semi-final.
Both Limpopo boxers are scheduled to fight on Saturday.