- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Boxers blow hot and cold
- Updated: September 9, 2011
Two South African junior boxers are through to the quarter-finals of their divsions while one has been eliminated on Thursday.
Nyiko Ndukula (light flyweight) and Jabulani Makhense (lightweight) are through to the next round of their respective divisions while Sikho Nqothole (flyweight) was eliminated after a close encounter.
Ndukula enjoyed a bye to his quarter-final while Makhense cruised through his bout with a 22-7 victory over Pakistan’s Balach Razzaq. Nqothole faced Kenya’s Isaack Mejor and landed some clean punches, but the judges’ decision went against him as he lost 15-11.
Ndkula will face Brody Pigeon from Canada in his first fight while Makhense will look to continue his momentum against Samoa’s Kaisa Ioane. Both bouts are scheduled for Friday.