- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Boxers blow hot and cold
- Updated: September 9, 2011
Two South African junior boxers are through to the quarter-finals of their divsions while one has been eliminated on Thursday.
Nyiko Ndukula (light flyweight) and Jabulani Makhense (lightweight) are through to the next round of their respective divisions while Sikho Nqothole (flyweight) was eliminated after a close encounter.
Ndukula enjoyed a bye to his quarter-final while Makhense cruised through his bout with a 22-7 victory over Pakistan’s Balach Razzaq. Nqothole faced Kenya’s Isaack Mejor and landed some clean punches, but the judges’ decision went against him as he lost 15-11.
Ndkula will face Brody Pigeon from Canada in his first fight while Makhense will look to continue his momentum against Samoa’s Kaisa Ioane. Both bouts are scheduled for Friday.