- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Natalie at the Games
- Updated: September 7, 2011
By Mark Etheridge
Paralympic swimming legend Natalie du Toit arrived in the athletes’ Village here on Tuesday to take part in her fourth All Africa Games competition.
Du Toit’s last competition was the FINA World Championships in Shanghai, China.
“I’ll be swimming three events here, the 100-metre backstroke, freestyle and 200m Individual Medley before heading back to SA on Saturday,” she said.
She’s just got back from London where she paid her own way to go over and watch the 2012 Olympic test event and check out the facilities.
“I haven’t done much at all since China but I’m getting back into training and in three weeks time I have a disable competition in Brazil.
“Then next year June/July we have a qualifying tournament in Portugal.”
Du Toit, who drove down to Maputo, unlike most of the team who had jetted in, has represented SA at three previous All Africa Games, in Johannesburg (1999), Abuja, Nigeria (2003) and then Algiers, Algeria in 2007.