- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Natalie at the Games
- Updated: September 7, 2011
By Mark Etheridge
Paralympic swimming legend Natalie du Toit arrived in the athletes’ Village here on Tuesday to take part in her fourth All Africa Games competition.
Du Toit’s last competition was the FINA World Championships in Shanghai, China.
“I’ll be swimming three events here, the 100-metre backstroke, freestyle and 200m Individual Medley before heading back to SA on Saturday,” she said.
She’s just got back from London where she paid her own way to go over and watch the 2012 Olympic test event and check out the facilities.
“I haven’t done much at all since China but I’m getting back into training and in three weeks time I have a disable competition in Brazil.
“Then next year June/July we have a qualifying tournament in Portugal.”
Du Toit, who drove down to Maputo, unlike most of the team who had jetted in, has represented SA at three previous All Africa Games, in Johannesburg (1999), Abuja, Nigeria (2003) and then Algiers, Algeria in 2007.