- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
Natalie at the Games
- Updated: September 7, 2011
By Mark Etheridge
Paralympic swimming legend Natalie du Toit arrived in the athletes’ Village here on Tuesday to take part in her fourth All Africa Games competition.
Du Toit’s last competition was the FINA World Championships in Shanghai, China.
“I’ll be swimming three events here, the 100-metre backstroke, freestyle and 200m Individual Medley before heading back to SA on Saturday,” she said.
She’s just got back from London where she paid her own way to go over and watch the 2012 Olympic test event and check out the facilities.
“I haven’t done much at all since China but I’m getting back into training and in three weeks time I have a disable competition in Brazil.
“Then next year June/July we have a qualifying tournament in Portugal.”
Du Toit, who drove down to Maputo, unlike most of the team who had jetted in, has represented SA at three previous All Africa Games, in Johannesburg (1999), Abuja, Nigeria (2003) and then Algiers, Algeria in 2007.