- Hartley’s Dusi build-up gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Natalie at the Games
- Updated: September 7, 2011
By Mark Etheridge
Paralympic swimming legend Natalie du Toit arrived in the athletes’ Village here on Tuesday to take part in her fourth All Africa Games competition.
Du Toit’s last competition was the FINA World Championships in Shanghai, China.
“I’ll be swimming three events here, the 100-metre backstroke, freestyle and 200m Individual Medley before heading back to SA on Saturday,” she said.
She’s just got back from London where she paid her own way to go over and watch the 2012 Olympic test event and check out the facilities.
“I haven’t done much at all since China but I’m getting back into training and in three weeks time I have a disable competition in Brazil.
“Then next year June/July we have a qualifying tournament in Portugal.”
Du Toit, who drove down to Maputo, unlike most of the team who had jetted in, has represented SA at three previous All Africa Games, in Johannesburg (1999), Abuja, Nigeria (2003) and then Algiers, Algeria in 2007.