- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
Natalie at the Games
- Updated: September 7, 2011
By Mark Etheridge
Paralympic swimming legend Natalie du Toit arrived in the athletes’ Village here on Tuesday to take part in her fourth All Africa Games competition.
Du Toit’s last competition was the FINA World Championships in Shanghai, China.
“I’ll be swimming three events here, the 100-metre backstroke, freestyle and 200m Individual Medley before heading back to SA on Saturday,” she said.
She’s just got back from London where she paid her own way to go over and watch the 2012 Olympic test event and check out the facilities.
“I haven’t done much at all since China but I’m getting back into training and in three weeks time I have a disable competition in Brazil.
“Then next year June/July we have a qualifying tournament in Portugal.”
Du Toit, who drove down to Maputo, unlike most of the team who had jetted in, has represented SA at three previous All Africa Games, in Johannesburg (1999), Abuja, Nigeria (2003) and then Algiers, Algeria in 2007.