- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Bianca bags bronze
- Updated: September 7, 2011
South African trampoline and tumbling gymnast, Bianca Zoonekynd (Budler), finished third in the Women’s Tumbling Finals at the 2011 Trampoline Gymnastics World Cup in Salzgitter, Germany at the weekend.
With this being Zoonekynd’s first major achievement at an international competition in 2011, the Port Elizabeth based gymnast, who last year was the first South African female gymnast to achieve a medal at a Trampoline World Championship since 1982, has started her gymnastics season off on a good note.
She finished a close third behind two Russian gymnasts, achieving a score of 64.40 for her tumbling routine, with second placed Elena Kranokutskaya scoring 65.00 and first placed Anna Korobeynikova scoring 67.30.
Bianca’s next competition will be at the SA Gym Games in Cape Town, from 3-8 October, thereafter competing at the Trampoline and Tumbling World Championships in the UK, from 17-20 November.
The reigning SA champion will be looking to maintain her SA Trampoline and Tumbling Champion status at the SA Gym Games, while she will also be looking to attain good results in the finals at the UK World Champs for both disciplines of trampoline and tumbling.
Bianca is excited over her recent achievement and looks forward to competing in these two upcoming events.