- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
CEO’s Chair ÔÇô Tubby Reddy
- Updated: September 3, 2011
So here we are at the 10th All Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique and I must say I’m very impressed with what I’ve seen so far.
I attended a great opening ceremony at the brand new stadium this evening and was filled with pride at the joyous spirit of our continental sportsmen and women.
I’ve been to the Athlete’s Village and it is also excellent accommodation for anyone, no matter their background. I had the opportunity to eat at the dining hall and had an excellent meal. There have been a few precious sporting incursions into Africa that have failed to live up to expectations but I have no doubt that these Games are going to be a huge success and enjoyed by everyone in this team.
We also had a welcoming function at the SA Consulate in the city and it was great to see that this team already has a superb spirit even before the Games have begun.
I must give great credit to Chef de Mission Mr Barry Hendricks and indeed the entire team management for doing an excellent job in delivering this team.
Now all we need is for the team to pay us back with medals and more medals and top that table come September 18.