- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
CEO’s Chair ÔÇô Tubby Reddy
- Updated: September 3, 2011
So here we are at the 10th All Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique and I must say I’m very impressed with what I’ve seen so far.
I attended a great opening ceremony at the brand new stadium this evening and was filled with pride at the joyous spirit of our continental sportsmen and women.
I’ve been to the Athlete’s Village and it is also excellent accommodation for anyone, no matter their background. I had the opportunity to eat at the dining hall and had an excellent meal. There have been a few precious sporting incursions into Africa that have failed to live up to expectations but I have no doubt that these Games are going to be a huge success and enjoyed by everyone in this team.
We also had a welcoming function at the SA Consulate in the city and it was great to see that this team already has a superb spirit even before the Games have begun.
I must give great credit to Chef de Mission Mr Barry Hendricks and indeed the entire team management for doing an excellent job in delivering this team.
Now all we need is for the team to pay us back with medals and more medals and top that table come September 18.