- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Time for AAG action
- Updated: September 2, 2011
The preliminaries are just about out of the way and it’s almost time for the serious stuff to begin for Team South Africa at the All Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique, writes Mark Etheridge.
Friday night sees the team attend a welcoming ceremony at the Hotel Avenida in the city centre where they will be addressed by various dignitaries and SA government officials.
One code that won’t be there though are our men’s volleyballers. They will be in action on Friday night when they get their 10th All Africa Games campaign underway against Algeria in the Maputo CBD.
On Saturday it’s the official opening ceremony at the impressive Zimpeto Stadium where the pride of African sport will be on parade.
Sunday morning should see our first medals landing in the travelling treasure chest when our five triathletes enter the fray.
On the same day our men’s soccer side are in afternoon action in what could be a real tester against the host nation.
Our women’s side will be in action a day later than their male counterparts and they are scheduled to take on Zimbabwe.