- Dusi seedings up for grabs at Umpetha Challenge
- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
Time for AAG action
- Updated: September 2, 2011
The preliminaries are just about out of the way and it’s almost time for the serious stuff to begin for Team South Africa at the All Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique, writes Mark Etheridge.
Friday night sees the team attend a welcoming ceremony at the Hotel Avenida in the city centre where they will be addressed by various dignitaries and SA government officials.
One code that won’t be there though are our men’s volleyballers. They will be in action on Friday night when they get their 10th All Africa Games campaign underway against Algeria in the Maputo CBD.
On Saturday it’s the official opening ceremony at the impressive Zimpeto Stadium where the pride of African sport will be on parade.
Sunday morning should see our first medals landing in the travelling treasure chest when our five triathletes enter the fray.
On the same day our men’s soccer side are in afternoon action in what could be a real tester against the host nation.
Our women’s side will be in action a day later than their male counterparts and they are scheduled to take on Zimbabwe.