- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
Wanted: CEO at ASA
- Updated: August 14, 2011
Athletics South Africa have announced that they are looking for a CEO to manage the affairs of the office and provide overall management of amongst others the athletics events hosted by the Federation, i.e. Track and Field, Cross Country, Road Running and Race Walking.
ÔÇ£We have now filled the presidential positions and it is now vital that we have someone in the office who has knowledge to manage an office, but also has the ability to think out of the box in generating interest in our events. We need someone who can identify potential sponsors and liaise with them,ÔÇØ said recently elected President, James Evans.
“But very important to us right now is to have the office streamlined and put structures in place that will see the office run efficiently and effectively.”
Amongst the responsibiities the CEO will have is to develop annual operational, strategic and financial plans for Board and Council approval, raise Funds and attend to SARS and ad hoc legal requirements.
The full job application is available on the Athletics SA website http://www.athletics.org.za/. Applications close on Friday 9 September, 2011 at 4pm.