- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Zondi nets top job
- Updated: August 2, 2011
Bongani Zondi is the SA Tennis Association’s (SATA) new president it was announced at the Wanderers in Johannesburg on Tuesday.
Zondi, the federation’s former vice-president, would be on a three-year contract, SATA announced, after replacing outgoing president Johan Koorts.
The decision to appoint Zondi was made at SATA’s annual general meeting on Saturday.
The remainder of the new board included Gavin Crookes (vice-president), Clark Coetzee (re-elected president of Gauteng North Tennis Association), Theo Coetzee (new president of Free State Tennis Association), Riad Davids (new President of Border Tennis Association), Clyde Lawrence, Chichi Maponya, Jessica Mataung, Ian Smith (CEO), Ronnie van T Hof and Geoff Whyte.