- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Zondi nets top job
- Updated: August 2, 2011
Bongani Zondi is the SA Tennis Association’s (SATA) new president it was announced at the Wanderers in Johannesburg on Tuesday.
Zondi, the federation’s former vice-president, would be on a three-year contract, SATA announced, after replacing outgoing president Johan Koorts.
The decision to appoint Zondi was made at SATA’s annual general meeting on Saturday.
The remainder of the new board included Gavin Crookes (vice-president), Clark Coetzee (re-elected president of Gauteng North Tennis Association), Theo Coetzee (new president of Free State Tennis Association), Riad Davids (new President of Border Tennis Association), Clyde Lawrence, Chichi Maponya, Jessica Mataung, Ian Smith (CEO), Ronnie van T Hof and Geoff Whyte.