- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Zondi nets top job
- Updated: August 2, 2011
Bongani Zondi is the SA Tennis Association’s (SATA) new president it was announced at the Wanderers in Johannesburg on Tuesday.
Zondi, the federation’s former vice-president, would be on a three-year contract, SATA announced, after replacing outgoing president Johan Koorts.
The decision to appoint Zondi was made at SATA’s annual general meeting on Saturday.
The remainder of the new board included Gavin Crookes (vice-president), Clark Coetzee (re-elected president of Gauteng North Tennis Association), Theo Coetzee (new president of Free State Tennis Association), Riad Davids (new President of Border Tennis Association), Clyde Lawrence, Chichi Maponya, Jessica Mataung, Ian Smith (CEO), Ronnie van T Hof and Geoff Whyte.