- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
CEO’s Chair ÔÇô Tubby Reddy
- Updated: July 31, 2011
It’s almost unbelievable to think that next year’s Olympic Games in London are less than a year away.
I was one of a number of SASCOC staff who attended a recent one-year-to-go function in Cape Town and it all went well, with a live link-up to London the highlight of the evening.
I’ve also recently got back from another successful trip to China and the good news is that we’ve concluded a deal with clothing company Erke, who will now be Team South Africa’s official supplier of generic sport and competitive gear, starting with next year’s Olympics and continuing through to the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It’s a big contract of R25-million and I’m looking part to see our stars turning out in their new gear.
My next international trip will be on 7 August where I’ll attend a meeting for the Chefs de Mission and take a look at the hospitality etc in a trip piloted by the Sports Ministry.
Away from the Session we’re continue with the delivering of teams for the Commonwealth Youth Games on the Isle of Man
I must also congratulate Cameron van der Burgh on his two bronze medals at the FINA World Swimming Championships in┬á China. Next up will be our track and field stars who head off to the IAAF World Athletics Championships in Daegu, South Korea.