- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Justin’s winning brace
- Updated: June 29, 2011
Justin Reid-Ross led from the front with two goals that helped the iTrainer Warriors to a 3-1 victory over the Brothers Sport Braves at Kearsney College in Hillcrest, Durban on Tuesday night to keep alive the men’s EagleTurf All Star Hockey Series ahead of Wednesday’s finale at Riverside Sports Club in Durban North.
The country’s top 30 players are busy preparing for the upcoming Olympic qualifiers.
The Warriors, 2-0 down in the series, looked a transformed side in this action-packed encounter with Pierre de Voux adding to the scoresheet, while Craig Haley replied for the Braves.
On Monday night, early goals by Taine Paton and Matt Fairweather had helped the Braves to a 2-1 in a thrilling second match of the series. Both goals came inside the opening 12 minutes, while Justin Reid-Ross pulled a goal back two minutes from time.
The Braves had won the first encounter 1-0 at Riverside last week through a Haley penalty stroke.