- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
Justin’s winning brace
- Updated: June 29, 2011
Justin Reid-Ross led from the front with two goals that helped the iTrainer Warriors to a 3-1 victory over the Brothers Sport Braves at Kearsney College in Hillcrest, Durban on Tuesday night to keep alive the men’s EagleTurf All Star Hockey Series ahead of Wednesday’s finale at Riverside Sports Club in Durban North.
The country’s top 30 players are busy preparing for the upcoming Olympic qualifiers.
The Warriors, 2-0 down in the series, looked a transformed side in this action-packed encounter with Pierre de Voux adding to the scoresheet, while Craig Haley replied for the Braves.
On Monday night, early goals by Taine Paton and Matt Fairweather had helped the Braves to a 2-1 in a thrilling second match of the series. Both goals came inside the opening 12 minutes, while Justin Reid-Ross pulled a goal back two minutes from time.
The Braves had won the first encounter 1-0 at Riverside last week through a Haley penalty stroke.