- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
Justin’s winning brace
- Updated: June 29, 2011
Justin Reid-Ross led from the front with two goals that helped the iTrainer Warriors to a 3-1 victory over the Brothers Sport Braves at Kearsney College in Hillcrest, Durban on Tuesday night to keep alive the men’s EagleTurf All Star Hockey Series ahead of Wednesday’s finale at Riverside Sports Club in Durban North.
The country’s top 30 players are busy preparing for the upcoming Olympic qualifiers.
The Warriors, 2-0 down in the series, looked a transformed side in this action-packed encounter with Pierre de Voux adding to the scoresheet, while Craig Haley replied for the Braves.
On Monday night, early goals by Taine Paton and Matt Fairweather had helped the Braves to a 2-1 in a thrilling second match of the series. Both goals came inside the opening 12 minutes, while Justin Reid-Ross pulled a goal back two minutes from time.
The Braves had won the first encounter 1-0 at Riverside last week through a Haley penalty stroke.