- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
Justin’s winning brace
- Updated: June 29, 2011
Justin Reid-Ross led from the front with two goals that helped the iTrainer Warriors to a 3-1 victory over the Brothers Sport Braves at Kearsney College in Hillcrest, Durban on Tuesday night to keep alive the men’s EagleTurf All Star Hockey Series ahead of Wednesday’s finale at Riverside Sports Club in Durban North.
The country’s top 30 players are busy preparing for the upcoming Olympic qualifiers.
The Warriors, 2-0 down in the series, looked a transformed side in this action-packed encounter with Pierre de Voux adding to the scoresheet, while Craig Haley replied for the Braves.
On Monday night, early goals by Taine Paton and Matt Fairweather had helped the Braves to a 2-1 in a thrilling second match of the series. Both goals came inside the opening 12 minutes, while Justin Reid-Ross pulled a goal back two minutes from time.
The Braves had won the first encounter 1-0 at Riverside last week through a Haley penalty stroke.