- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Halftime trio for Pietie
- Updated: June 21, 2011
Bloemfontein-born Pietie Coetzee broke the world record of 220 Test match goals with a stunning first half hat-trick as the Investec South Africa women’s hockey team led the United States 3-2 at half-time in their final Pool A match at the Champions Challenge tournament in Dublin on Tuesday.
The previous record belonged to Russian Natella Krasnikova and was set more than 20 years ago. Coetzee would no doubt have broken the record a long time ago had she not opted for a lengthy spell away from international hockey.
Two classic Coetzee penalty corner drag-flicks were followed by a sizzling action goal that crashed into the backboard 12 minutes from the halftime whistle.
SA need just one point to win Pool A.
Match report follows later…