- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Two golds for Oscar
- Updated: May 28, 2011
Double-amputee runner Oscar Pistorius collected two gold medals Friday at the Paralympic World Cup in Manchester, England.
Sapa reports that the South African sprinter won the T44 100-metre race in 11.04 seconds, before clocking 47.28 seconds in the T42/44 400m event.
Pistorius, known as the “Blade Runner,” hopes to qualify for the able-bodied world championships in Daegu, South Korea, later this year.
He also hopes to compete for South Africa in next year’s London Olympics as well as the Paralympics.
Pistorius runs on carbon-fibre prosthetic limbs.