- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Roelofse wins ITF Futures title
- Updated: May 23, 2011
Rising local tennis ace, Ruan Roelofse took the ITF Futures event in Durban after he defeated Britain’s Nikolaus Moser in the final on Sunday. The women’s title went to Katerina Kramperova of the Czech Republic after she beat South Africa’s Surina de Beer in the final.
There was still some consolation for De Beer though as she teamed up with Britain’s Jennifer Allan to win the women’s doubles title against Denmark’s Malou Ejdesgaard and Nicole Rottman of Australia.
*6 Ruan Roelofse (RSA) bt *2 Nikolaus Moser (GBR) 6-4 7-5
Isaac Frost (AUS)/Leon Frost (AUS) bt *4┬á Lewis Burton (GBR)/James Marsalek (GBR) 6-3 6-4
*3 Katerina Kramperova (CZE) bt *8 Surina de Beer (RSA) 6-2 6-0
*3 Surina de Beer (RSA)/Jennifer Allan (GBR) bt *1 Malou Ejdesgaard (DEN)/Nicole Rottmann (AUT) 6-2 4-6 10-8