- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
- SA athletics already have Tokyo 2020 on their mind
- Storm leads suspended Open as McIlroy suffers setback
- Western Cape gears up for national championships
- Horne and Fisher upstage world No2 at SA Open
- Selepe set to make history at Davis Cup tie
More honours for Jay
- Updated: May 10, 2011
South African road cycling professional, Jay Thomson, won the Points Competition for being the most consistent top-placed finisher at the Joe Martin Stage Race in Fayetteville, Arkansas at the weekend.
After winning Stage Three on Saturday, Thomson was involved in a mid-race breakaway on Sunday’s fourth and final stage, grabbing one of the sprint primes in the process, which added five points to his accumulated tally, enough to secure him the victory in that competition.
It was a day of celebration allround for Thomson and his Bissell team as they successfully managed to topple Spaniard, Francesco Mancebo (RealCyclist.com) from the race lead with a series of attacks, eventually securing the overall win for Bissell’s Frank Pipp.
Team Bissell also won the team classification.
Thomson will now focus on his preparation for the Tour of California, North America’s most prestigious road cycling event, which starts on Sunday.