- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Third win for SA
- Updated: May 7, 2011
South Africa marched to their third straight victory in the women’s Fed Cup Europe/Africa Group II tennis clash in Cairo, Egypt on Saturday.
Earlier in the week, South Africa had recorded 3-0 wins over Algeria and Lithuania and Saturday’s score against Montenegro was 2-1 in favour of SA.
Natalie Grandin lost her first mach of the competition when she went down in straight sets 6-4 6-4 to Danica Krstajic. Chanel Simmonds then beat Danka Kovinic 6-3 6-1.
Grandin and Simmonds then teamed up to beat Vladica Babi and Tamara Stanic 6-1 6-0 in the deciding doubles encounter.