- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Third win for SA
- Updated: May 7, 2011
South Africa marched to their third straight victory in the women’s Fed Cup Europe/Africa Group II tennis clash in Cairo, Egypt on Saturday.
Earlier in the week, South Africa had recorded 3-0 wins over Algeria and Lithuania and Saturday’s score against Montenegro was 2-1 in favour of SA.
Natalie Grandin lost her first mach of the competition when she went down in straight sets 6-4 6-4 to Danica Krstajic. Chanel Simmonds then beat Danka Kovinic 6-3 6-1.
Grandin and Simmonds then teamed up to beat Vladica Babi and Tamara Stanic 6-1 6-0 in the deciding doubles encounter.