- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Third win for SA
- Updated: May 7, 2011
South Africa marched to their third straight victory in the women’s Fed Cup Europe/Africa Group II tennis clash in Cairo, Egypt on Saturday.
Earlier in the week, South Africa had recorded 3-0 wins over Algeria and Lithuania and Saturday’s score against Montenegro was 2-1 in favour of SA.
Natalie Grandin lost her first mach of the competition when she went down in straight sets 6-4 6-4 to Danica Krstajic. Chanel Simmonds then beat Danka Kovinic 6-3 6-1.
Grandin and Simmonds then teamed up to beat Vladica Babi and Tamara Stanic 6-1 6-0 in the deciding doubles encounter.