- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
Third win for SA
- Updated: May 7, 2011
South Africa marched to their third straight victory in the women’s Fed Cup Europe/Africa Group II tennis clash in Cairo, Egypt on Saturday.
Earlier in the week, South Africa had recorded 3-0 wins over Algeria and Lithuania and Saturday’s score against Montenegro was 2-1 in favour of SA.
Natalie Grandin lost her first mach of the competition when she went down in straight sets 6-4 6-4 to Danica Krstajic. Chanel Simmonds then beat Danka Kovinic 6-3 6-1.
Grandin and Simmonds then teamed up to beat Vladica Babi and Tamara Stanic 6-1 6-0 in the deciding doubles encounter.