- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Fire forces AfricanX route change
- Updated: April 26, 2011
After much deliberation organisers of the ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun presented by New Balance in Kleinmond near Hermanus have announced that stage two of this much loved but gruelling three-day stage race will undergo minor reconstruction.
Taking place in Kleinmond the weekend of 6-8 May, participants can look forward to a challenging yet humbling experience.
According to race director Pieter Du Plessis, Race Director, the decision to implement the changes to stage two was taken to ensure a scenic experience on the longest of the three stages (43.3┬á kilometres).
ÔÇ£The recent fire in Kleinmond destroyed 40% of stage two’s vegetation.┬áCurrently Nature Conservation has closed most of the mid section, as erosion is now a huge problem.┬áAlthough the distance will remain the same, the stage’s climbs will be more spread out along the route before finishing once again in Kleinmond.┬áWe are happy to announce that participants can still look forward to a safe, scenic and enjoyable experience,ÔÇØ says Du Plessis.
The three-day event centres on Kleinmond with all three legs ending in the small coastal resort. Day one features a 23.7km run, day two is the longest at 43.3km and the final day is 21.5km effort.
The event only has room for 250 teams.┬áA limited number of entries are still available however, slots are filling up fast!
To enter the action-packed ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun presented by New Balance contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086┬á138 3591, email [email protected] or visit www.stillwatersports.com.