- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Fire forces AfricanX route change
- Updated: April 26, 2011
After much deliberation organisers of the ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun presented by New Balance in Kleinmond near Hermanus have announced that stage two of this much loved but gruelling three-day stage race will undergo minor reconstruction.
Taking place in Kleinmond the weekend of 6-8 May, participants can look forward to a challenging yet humbling experience.
According to race director Pieter Du Plessis, Race Director, the decision to implement the changes to stage two was taken to ensure a scenic experience on the longest of the three stages (43.3┬á kilometres).
ÔÇ£The recent fire in Kleinmond destroyed 40% of stage two’s vegetation.┬áCurrently Nature Conservation has closed most of the mid section, as erosion is now a huge problem.┬áAlthough the distance will remain the same, the stage’s climbs will be more spread out along the route before finishing once again in Kleinmond.┬áWe are happy to announce that participants can still look forward to a safe, scenic and enjoyable experience,ÔÇØ says Du Plessis.
The three-day event centres on Kleinmond with all three legs ending in the small coastal resort. Day one features a 23.7km run, day two is the longest at 43.3km and the final day is 21.5km effort.
The event only has room for 250 teams.┬áA limited number of entries are still available however, slots are filling up fast!
To enter the action-packed ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun presented by New Balance contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086┬á138 3591, email [email protected] or visit www.stillwatersports.com.