- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Top clubs do battle at Wits
- Updated: April 19, 2011
The Champions Cup, South Africa’s elite national inter-club competition for men and women, takes place at Wits University’s Hall 29 from 26-29 April.
Sixteen men’s clubs and eight women’s clubs will do battle for the title. The men’s category is spread over four groups of four teams and the top two teams in each group will do battle in the Champions Category. The eight teams that fail to go through to the Champions Category will contest the Plate Category.
Teams that finish in positions 15 and 16 will be relegated to VSA’s second tier competition, the VSA Cup. The winners and runners-up in this year’s VSA Cup will move up to the Champions Cup.
The UJ, Brinhaven-Titans, UWC and TUT Pretoria make up the men’s Group A competition; DUT, Invaders, WPSAP and Quantum are in Group B; UKZN Atlanta, Amathuba, Atlantis and Super Kids are in Group C and the last group (D) comprises Liberte, Delfos, VUT and VW.
Women’s teams are Super Kids, Delfos, Cigma, University of Johannesburg in Group A and Group B consists of UWC, Quantum, Saints and TUT Pretoria.