- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Top clubs do battle at Wits
- Updated: April 19, 2011
The Champions Cup, South Africa’s elite national inter-club competition for men and women, takes place at Wits University’s Hall 29 from 26-29 April.
Sixteen men’s clubs and eight women’s clubs will do battle for the title. The men’s category is spread over four groups of four teams and the top two teams in each group will do battle in the Champions Category. The eight teams that fail to go through to the Champions Category will contest the Plate Category.
Teams that finish in positions 15 and 16 will be relegated to VSA’s second tier competition, the VSA Cup. The winners and runners-up in this year’s VSA Cup will move up to the Champions Cup.
The UJ, Brinhaven-Titans, UWC and TUT Pretoria make up the men’s Group A competition; DUT, Invaders, WPSAP and Quantum are in Group B; UKZN Atlanta, Amathuba, Atlantis and Super Kids are in Group C and the last group (D) comprises Liberte, Delfos, VUT and VW.
Women’s teams are Super Kids, Delfos, Cigma, University of Johannesburg in Group A and Group B consists of UWC, Quantum, Saints and TUT Pretoria.