- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Top clubs do battle at Wits
- Updated: April 19, 2011
The Champions Cup, South Africa’s elite national inter-club competition for men and women, takes place at Wits University’s Hall 29 from 26-29 April.
Sixteen men’s clubs and eight women’s clubs will do battle for the title. The men’s category is spread over four groups of four teams and the top two teams in each group will do battle in the Champions Category. The eight teams that fail to go through to the Champions Category will contest the Plate Category.
Teams that finish in positions 15 and 16 will be relegated to VSA’s second tier competition, the VSA Cup. The winners and runners-up in this year’s VSA Cup will move up to the Champions Cup.
The UJ, Brinhaven-Titans, UWC and TUT Pretoria make up the men’s Group A competition; DUT, Invaders, WPSAP and Quantum are in Group B; UKZN Atlanta, Amathuba, Atlantis and Super Kids are in Group C and the last group (D) comprises Liberte, Delfos, VUT and VW.
Women’s teams are Super Kids, Delfos, Cigma, University of Johannesburg in Group A and Group B consists of UWC, Quantum, Saints and TUT Pretoria.