- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
- Paralympian Ferreira on the mend and targeting nationals
- Hoffman stars but track champs are marred by tragedy
- Fumic, Avancini on the double at Cape Epic
- Poor health can’t stop Dalle Ave breaking new ground
- Zazini blitzes to 400m hurdles world youth best
Top clubs do battle at Wits
- Updated: April 19, 2011
The Champions Cup, South Africa’s elite national inter-club competition for men and women, takes place at Wits University’s Hall 29 from 26-29 April.
Sixteen men’s clubs and eight women’s clubs will do battle for the title. The men’s category is spread over four groups of four teams and the top two teams in each group will do battle in the Champions Category. The eight teams that fail to go through to the Champions Category will contest the Plate Category.
Teams that finish in positions 15 and 16 will be relegated to VSA’s second tier competition, the VSA Cup. The winners and runners-up in this year’s VSA Cup will move up to the Champions Cup.
The UJ, Brinhaven-Titans, UWC and TUT Pretoria make up the men’s Group A competition; DUT, Invaders, WPSAP and Quantum are in Group B; UKZN Atlanta, Amathuba, Atlantis and Super Kids are in Group C and the last group (D) comprises Liberte, Delfos, VUT and VW.
Women’s teams are Super Kids, Delfos, Cigma, University of Johannesburg in Group A and Group B consists of UWC, Quantum, Saints and TUT Pretoria.