- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Teams qualify for All -Africa Games
- Updated: April 19, 2011
Both our men’s and women’s beach volleyball teams have qualified for the All-Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique later this year.
The zonal qualifying tournament was contested at the Swakopmund Mole in Namibia.
Five nations took part and as expected, South Africa dominated. The women edged out Angola 3-1 in the final while our men’s side thrashed their opponents, also Angola, 3-0.
Other nations that took part were the hosts, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.