- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Teams qualify for All -Africa Games
- Updated: April 19, 2011
Both our men’s and women’s beach volleyball teams have qualified for the All-Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique later this year.
The zonal qualifying tournament was contested at the Swakopmund Mole in Namibia.
Five nations took part and as expected, South Africa dominated. The women edged out Angola 3-1 in the final while our men’s side thrashed their opponents, also Angola, 3-0.
Other nations that took part were the hosts, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.