- Swiss experience helps Beyers take two track titles
- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
Teams qualify for All -Africa Games
- Updated: April 19, 2011
Both our men’s and women’s beach volleyball teams have qualified for the All-Africa Games in Maputo, Mozambique later this year.
The zonal qualifying tournament was contested at the Swakopmund Mole in Namibia.
Five nations took part and as expected, South Africa dominated. The women edged out Angola 3-1 in the final while our men’s side thrashed their opponents, also Angola, 3-0.
Other nations that took part were the hosts, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.